Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Using search marketing to amplify TV buys: SMX East 2016
Oct 4, 2016 by Erin Everhart
Columnist Erin Everhart provides key takeaways on a session from SMX East 2016 detailing the relationship between paid search and TV advertising.
- Google seeks to humanize its brand with new “Google Assistant” female persona
Oct 4, 2016 by Greg Sterling
She seeks to be a “companion” that is “always there but never in the way.”
- With Google Assistant & Google Home, Google seeks to win the hands-free generation of search
Oct 4, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Having won on desktop and mobile, Google now wants to succeed in an entire new area: hands-free search, especially within homes.
- Google and Progressive Web Apps: the mobile experience and SEO
Oct 4, 2016 by Jim Yu
What’s the deal with Progressive Web Apps? Columnist Jim Yu explains this exciting new mobile web technology and discusses relevant SEO considerations.
- Multi-location local SEO strategy: domain structure
Oct 4, 2016 by Andrew Beckman
How should brands with multiple brick-and-mortar locations structure their web properties? Columnist Andrew Beckman weighs in.
- Bing Ads opens pilot for device bidding
Oct 4, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Bid adjustments for each device type will be available with bigger bid ranges for tablet and mobile.
- Don’t let your business play possum with local search
Oct 4, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
Columnist Adam Dorfman explains how Google’s recent local search algorithm update, “Possum,” has impacted brick-and-mortar businesses.
- WordPress.com adds “advanced” SEO tools, and it’ll make you smile
Oct 4, 2016 by Matt McGee
Need a reminder that a lot of business owners are still in need of basic SEO? WordPress.com’s “advanced” tools offer exactly that.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land , Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search